A Will is one of the most powerful legal documents that you will prepare in your life. It is vital that you obtain clear and detailed legal advice so that you can fully understand the consequences of your Will and ensure that your estate passes according to your wishes. Whilst there are many options available to you now, including off the shelf to supermarket wills, there is no substitute for a Will drafted by a lawyer. A properly drafted will should:
- Set out how YOU wish your money and property to be distributed amongst your family and friends
- Give details of those who you would like to be in charge of distributing your money and property
- Provide for the care of any minor children that you may have by appointing a guardian
- Ensure that an unmarried partner can benefit and express how that is to happen
- Make use of any tax allowances, ensuring that your money goes to those you choose as opposed to the tax man
For more information contact us on 023 8071 3060 (Southampton).